Ilene Squires Photography

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Venice | Italy

Though I had been to Venice before, I had forgotten the magic I originally felt when pulling up to the city limits by water taxi on the Grand Canal. I equate that feeling to the first time I went to Disneyland when I was eight; total awe, enamored by the grandeur of the characters and fixtures. 
Venice, despite it’s hordes of tourists, is certainly one of the most romantic cities I’ve ever visited. The absence of vehicles and abundance of shoe stores is all the reason you need to visit. It is the place of prosciutto pizza lunch, washed down by grappa or limoncello, followed by creamy homemade gelato. Shopping for genuine leather products and culinary treats on every corner?! Total heaven if you ask me! 


Venice capped off a 12 day tour of the Holy Land with my family; the first family vacation I've been on since our camping days of the early 90's. More to come!


















No comments:

Post a Comment