Ilene Squires Photography

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Harlem Engagement Photos | Dayna and Ryan


Shooting Harlemites is at the top of my list of preferred projects. I suppose it's my love for the New Renaissance, or that I too, took my engagement pictures here in Harlem. When I shot my first Harlem Engagement Shoot nearly a year ago, I thought I'd never get another chance to document the beauty of this Harlem. Enter Dayna and Ryan. Referred to me by Brian, a muse for my Faces of Harlem project, we couldn't have been a better fit for one another.

Set to wed in Richmond, Virgina this coming June, Dayna and Ryan happened to be my neighbors. Naturally, we met up on a sunny Sunday afternoon and traipsed around our stomping grounds, on what felt like a walk with old friends. Stylish, chic couples make my job feel effortless as I got to know more about Dayna, who works in Fashion PR and Ryan, an Actor. As you'll see, they were both easy in front of the camera and perfectly paired for one another. 

Dayna and Ryan were in the market for engagement photos that captured their Harlem lives, as Dayna hails from Virginia and Ryan, from the Motor City. Having met at a mutual friend's dinner a couple years ago, they've endured a quite romantic path to the altar. After sharing their first kiss in a NYC cab, the couple wanted to relive that moment as the finale to their shoot. This, of course, came after a few quintessential stops including a portrait with their dog, Paco. Cutest. Couple. {and dog!} EVER! 
Congratulations Dayna and Ryan! 




 

































5 comments:

  1. Beautiful couple and even beautiful photos! Nothing's stronger than true love and it shows in every photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by, Earnest! Couldn't agree more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Dayna was 7yrs old when we met her. To see her as a beautiful young woman engaged to a handsome young man, both thriving together as one brings joy and tears to my eyes. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your work is amazing!!! Just know that a Tennessee girl is considering coming your way!!! You have the touch that i have been looking for... I am thankful for authentic photography and not just someone with a camera and photoshop... (=

    ReplyDelete