Ilene Squires Photography

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Gideon & Lauren's Cape Cod Fete/ Cape Cod Wedding Photographer

I met Lauren through mutual friends back in California and we couldn’t have had more in common. Coincidentally we both lived in NYC, worked in Chelsea and were getting ready to marry native New Yorkers. My first meeting with Lauren was in my favorite coffee shop, Grey Dog, where I felt as though I was catching up with an old friend. I mean that, too! Lauren is a charismatic, natural beauty who has a magnetic energy and inviting smile. Gideon really is her better half; calm, hospitable and sincere. Together, they are some of the most passionate, creative people I know and I’m glad their wedding allowed us to meet. My wedding packages include an engagement session which is as beneficial for me as it is for the couple. During the session, I’m able to gauge small nuances to better prepare me for wedding day coverage. Lauren was clear in our first meeting that Gideon wouldn’t be game for an engagement session and she also forewarned me that he wasn’t “camera friendly.” Naturally I was bit worried. That was until they invited me out to one of my all time favorite New York eateries, Pio Pio, where we proceeded to “get to know each other” over 3 pitchers of sangria and a Peruvian feast. I know, classy but maybe not the most professional! What can I say? Being foodies was just something else we had in common! In our short time together, I learned Lauren and GIdeon’s story; one in which they’ve shared some of life’s most intimate moments of joy and sorrow. They had an electric chemistry which came to life during their Cape Cod fete on Saturday July 10th, 2010. Though I traveled overseas to cover their bonfire on Friday evening and then their wedding on Saturday, I did not have one regret about this job. Lauren and Gideon’s relaxed and thoughtful ceremony in the Edgewood Farm meadow was as eclectic as it was personal. The Childs - Frankel union was one which will leave an indelible impression on me as an emerging wedding photographer. And for the record, Gideon was beaming with pride and glee in every portrait despite his bride’s warnings! Mazel Tov to Lauren and Gideon! For more images click here.

Dress: JCrew
Flowers: DIY
Hair and Makeup: Jonathan Williams Salon & Spa Provincetown 
Accesories: Brides own/ vintage
Shoes: Dolce Vita
Catering & Desserts: Cosmos Catering Provincetown 
Venue: Edgewood Farm, Truro MA 
Photographer: Ilene Squires 
Band/ Musicians: Clinton Curtis Band 
Officiant: Jerome Raik 

Invitations and Programs: Jamie Nuzbach Designs







3 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL!!!! so glad i was a part of such a wonderful weekend :) -meredith gaskins

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are gorgeous. Best yet in my book. AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous wedding and it looks like everyone had SO much fun! May I ask what caterer you used? :)

    ReplyDelete