Ilene Squires Photography

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Dubrovnik | Croatia

When my husband, Jorge, and I celebrated our one year anniversary in Maine a couple months ago, I thought I had seen the only storybook coastline in the world. I’m talking about the one with rocky beaches and islands accessible only by travel via boat. Well, I was wrong! 
On a recent family trip to the Holy Land, we stumbled upon the Dalmatian coastal oasis of Dubrovnik, just a two hour ferry ride from Venice. It is Europe’s newest, hottest vacation town. READ: Beware! Lots of tourists. 

Beautiful cliff side resorts with access to the Adriatic Sea only by boat or ladder; crystal clear water and medieval architecture were just the beginning. Since we had just one day, we are already planning our next trip so we can prance around the wooded islands and climb into the crystal clear waters via ladder. Oh... and of course dose ourselves in local grown lavender while drinking brandy.






No comments:

Post a Comment