Ilene Squires Photography

Sunday, November 21, 2010

West Village Impromptu Shoot

I've been trying to decide on which new lens I want to add to my work flow after upgrading to the Canon 5D Mark II this summer. I had a couple of gigs over the weekend so I rented the Zeiss 85mm f/1.4 ZE Planar T* Lens from Adorama Rental Company. If you are a professional or amateur and don't know about ARC, find out about them today! Their prices are cheap and they cater to the photog on the go. Weekend rates, Thursday - Monday, are the best in the City. I was previously in love with the 50mm f/1.4 but the 85mm was nothing short of amazing. The sharpness was purely magazine status and the wide aperture allows to shoot hand held at night (albeit noisy, without flash). Most artists use the 85 for video capture, but since I am still video defunct, I used it for my portraits. Over the weekend, as I was leaving the West Village eatery, Malatesta (bring cash, have the tiramisu and make rezzies by phone), my friends decided on an impropmtu photo shoot in the heart of the West Village - my second favorite NYC neighborhood with Harlem being the pact leader! Stay tuned for features from two new faces in my Faces of Harlem project that I shot yesterday. I am back logged on posts, including extensions from the sneak peaks that I already blogged about over the past couple of months. I'm ready for the Thanksgiving holiday, are you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment