Ilene Squires Photography

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Portrait Session with Amber Hawk Swanson in Prospect Park/ Brooklyn Portrait Photographer

Amber Hawk Swanson and I met through a mutual friend and our portrait session together only proved that New York is still a place of inifinite opprtunity. As I am bobbing and weaving through my personal project(s), specifically, Faces of Harlem, I've been wondering alot about my pitch to galleries and how to use the project as a stepping stone for artist fellowship applications. Enter Amber. Here timing was impeccably perfect. She recently left a nonprofit career with NYFA to grow her own consulting practice for artists. Her goal is to coach artists through MFA, fellowship and proposal processes. Amber is also available for speaking engagements and can be reached HERE. These images will be featured on her new website when it goes live later this year. Have a great week, everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment