Ilene Squires Photography

Monday, November 29, 2010

Faces of Harlem Sneak Peak: Michelle Patrick | Harlem Portrait Photographer

Michelle Patrick and I had the pleasure of meeting through her goddaughter Alice, who I featured a couple of weeks ago HERE. For years now, I've heard about Michelle and all the lovely eccentricities  about Alice's  own family and her New York experience. (Alice hails from the Westside, as does yours truly). That said, I had no doubt Michelle would be candid and witty just the way Alice is. When I initially reached out to Michelle about coming to her Sugar Hill residence to snap a few portraits for my project, she extended an invitation to come to her birthday party where there would be "... women of all shapes and sizes."  Elated, I of course packed my equipment up for a quick jaunt uptown! A former soap opera writer, Michelle had quite an eclectic group of friends who had many stories about the way  "... the city used to be" to boot. My favorite ditty was the stairwell tour where I learned Michelle's personal history; she had images dating back to the turn of the century and stories to match! Here's a sneak peak and please email me at ilene {dot} squires {at} gmail {dot} com if you are interested in being featured or know of someone who is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment