Ilene Squires Photography

Monday, August 30, 2010

The Salmeron Family Portraits/ Eagle Rock and Los Angeles Family Photographer

You just never know who you're going to meet these days. While I was visiting my family in LA a couple weeks ago, I met Lupe, an accountant, at a mutual friend's dinner party. We immediately hit it off when I told her I was the "Jane-of-all-trades," and that I worked with children (she has a 16 month old toddler) and that I have my own tax business. As we were peeling shrimp in our friend's kitchen, she mentioned wanting to have some family portraits taken. Well I had the perfect person in mind, namely, ME! So we set up a shoot at Occidental College at 5:00pm on a sunny Sunday afternoon. After sitting through an hour of dreaded LA traffic to get there, I was greeted by Fernando, Lupe's husband and their cutie - patootie son, Sebastian. Sebastian was definitely rambunctious; a little rascal, if you will. Needless to say, we immediately hit it off! The Salmeron Family was photogenic and genuine and they almost made me want a child. Almost. I always say that I hope to be a bit more bi-coastal at some point in my photography career, so here's to my new friends, the Salmeron's and to shooting more beautiful families on the West Coast! To see more images click here

1 comment:

  1. Ilene, thank you thank you thank you!!!! You gave us something so priceless... a beautiful family portrait! You are by far the best! Love Lupe Salmeron

    ReplyDelete