Ilene Squires Photography

Monday, July 18, 2011

Los Angeles Family Portraits | Abdelmalik Family


I always dreamed of a life of travel and adventure and fortunately photography has been my vehicle in bringing this childhood dream to fruition. Almost every trip to Los Angeles now involves shooting first and family second which is still hard for me to believe since it wasn’t long ago that the scripts were flipped. 
Saundra, one of my beloved childhood friends, had first used my South Africa images for her baby, Elijah’s elephant themed nursery last summer. 

Since then, we have been waiting for the right time (and right trip) to shoot the Abdelmalik family and now that Elijah is nearly 7 months, we decided that it was now or never. So we met at the Simi HIlls Golf Course, in the town we grew up in on a sunny, breezy summer eve. 

Elijah was alert and chipper and Saundra and Robbie are so in love with him, that being in their presence was infectious. Every so often, I forgot I was shooting and proceeded with the much needed coochie-coochie-cooing. Surely Mom and Dad would agree that we all can’t wait to document Elijah's transformation from baby to boy. Sending my love to the Abdelmalik’s, especially the littlest one, Elijah. 















No comments:

Post a Comment