Ilene Squires Photography

Monday, December 27, 2010

My Mother's Hands

When I was 5 years old my family moved to Simi Valley from Los Angeles. That year, my Mother, who has the greenest of thumbs, planted a lime tree and it wasn't until last Christmas that it bore organic limes. I mean who waits two decades for a plant to bear fruit?! You should have seen the delight on her face when she cut the limes open for a little garnish on her famous mango salsa! My mother could bring even the dreariest plants back to life, resuscitating them with love and care. The women makes her own compost for crying out loud! She's a serious and committed gardener! All of my renaissance like habits were inherited from her; she is simply an amazing woman who brings everything around her a new reason to live. Mom's garden speaks for itself as it boasts succulents, orchids, fruits and veggies and several species of flowers. I'm so inspired by how my mother's hands bring life to everything around her and I can only hope to be as influential as her when I become a mother. 

*** All images shot in natural light with my Canon 5D Mark II with an 24 - 105 lens.***

No comments:

Post a Comment