Ilene Squires Photography

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Meatpacking District Engagement | Neene & Rashad

Neene (not to be confused with Nene from the RHOA) and Rashad bid on a portrait package I donated to an MS Auction a mutual friend hosted earlier in the fall. It's a small world, what can I say? And to further my point, while browsing my website, Neene found a former coworker to narrow our few degrees of separation. 


Neene & Rashad met 5 years ago at a party and the rest, my friends, is history. They are set to wed in September 2012 and requested we meet somewhere with interesting street art for their engagement shoot. Neene, raised in Brooklyn, and Rashad, raised in Queens, felt an urban landscape would best capture their essence. Since I was already shooting at the High Line Park that morning, we agreed on the Meatpacking District, which was a first for us both. Despite the very (OK, too cool) backdrop, my favorite shot was Neene's idea of quoting LL Cool J









7 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!!! Neene, I love that head wrap. I'm so happy for you guys. Met Rashad in college and I'm so happy he found the one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome picks, you guys look great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, ladies and hopefully you will see a few from their up and coming wedding :)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...great pics! Great photography of you lovers in action!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMAZING!!!!! You guys look great. I am so happy for you two special people. Can't wait for the event!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job! Just love the pics... counting the days to the wedding... So excited!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love my sister. They did a good job. She looks amazing in her wedding!!!

    ReplyDelete