Ilene Squires Photography

Monday, January 31, 2011

Faces of Harlem: Zakkiyah | Harlem Portrait Photographer

When I was "training" for my wedding last year, Zakkiyah was my personal trainer extraordinaire. She helped me drop two, yes that's right, two sizes in record time. Now, don't get it twisted because there were blood, sweat and tears involved, but Zakkiyah made it all an enjoyable experience. She lives in her family's brownstone on 124th and 5th, the Mount Morris Park Historic District , which I will be forever envious of. It's the most beautiful neighborhood in Harlem, hands down! There is a great story behind her shoot, but I'll save it for when I debut Faces of Harlem's new virtual home later this year. Sista Zock is a true performer and does spoken word around town. I love subjects who need little direction and who are always ready for the camera and Zakkiyah was on the money! 



No comments:

Post a Comment